We're looking for an enthusiastic programmer to join our Tools team, developing in house tools and pipelines to improve productivity, operations, and manage workflows and datasets. Candidates are expected be familiar with common programming practices and tools, e.g. use of source control, design patterns, documentation, testing, debugging, bug tracking, and project management software.
- Writing testable and maintainable code
- Work independently as well as within a team
- Develop, deploy, and maintain systems
- Work across the company to evaluate requirements and practicality of requests
- Respond to user feedback to improve tools
- Excellent communication skills
- A pragmatic approach to solving technical and non-technical problems
- Ability and desire to learn and master new and unfamiliar technologies and code
- Solid understanding of development practices and design patterns
- Focus on producing clean, high-quality code
- Solid understanding of the entire web stack (from web clients to backend servers and databases)
- Experience developing with cloud services
- Experience with continuous delivery
- Experience with Docker or other containerisation tools
- Experience with the following technologies
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
Why Choose Us?
- Competitive salary with quarterly bonus scheme.
- Flexible work hours
- Staff social outings
- Pension and Gym Membership
Lockwood Publishing is one of the leading independent UK mobile games companies. Our most successful product to date is a 3D virtual world on mobile called Avakin Life.
We want to hear from talented and passionate developers who can help us implement our incredibly exciting and ambitious road-map. As part of the team at Lockwood, you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your design expertise. Our working environment is extremely open, and all team members have complete access to any metrics they wish. We hold regular company-wide briefings to ensure team members and departments are aware of the direct impact their efforts have on the progress of the project. Best of all, because we believe team members deserve more than a pat on the back for their effort, we offer a bonus scheme that pays out 50% of any increase in record quarterly profits directly to the team.