We’re looking for a Data Engineer to join our in-house Data Team in Nottingham and help further develop the technical capabilities of our data science and analytics platform.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Engineering new services and features for the data platform
- Taking responsibility for ongoing platform operations and maintenance as part of our DevOps culture
- Designing a coherent database structure to accommodate player behavioural data for data science and analytics requirements
- Working with our backend and client engineers to implement new data collection hooks and ensure the product is fully instrumented
- Assisting data scientists with productionised implementations of complex computational jobs, e.g. ML model training and evaluation
- Proficient in at least one server-side language (e.g. Go, C#, Java)
- Experience building resource-efficient distributed services for cloud platform deployment, e.g. on AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Strong understanding of SQL databases (OLTP or OLAP) and the relational model
- Familiar with version control systems such as Git
- Basic knowledge of Linux system administration
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills, with a strong desire to learn
- Experience leveraging distributed computing platforms such as Apache Spark
- Working knowledge of data mining and statistics
Why Choose Us?
- Competitive salary with quarterly bonus scheme.
- Flexible work hours
- Staff social outings
- Pension and Gym Membership
Lockwood Publishing is one of the leading independent UK mobile games companies. Our most successful product to date is a 3D virtual world on mobile called Avakin Life.
We want to hear from talented and passionate developers who can help us implement our incredibly exciting and ambitious road-map. As part of the team at Lockwood, you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your design expertise. Our working environment is extremely open, and all team members have complete access to any metrics they wish. We hold regular company-wide briefings to ensure team members and departments are aware of the direct impact their efforts have on the progress of the project. Best of all, because we believe team members deserve more than a pat on the back for their effort, we offer a bonus scheme that pays out 50% of any increase in record quarterly profits directly to the team.