Senior Games Programmer
- Writing efficient and reliable Unity scripts using C#.
- Helping the team highlight and solve potential issues in the codebase.
- Working closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to create game-play features.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation.
- At least one shipped product on mobile or console platforms.
- Minimum of 2 years video games industry or equivalent experience.
- A clear understanding of the particular challenges in game development, such as art workflow, performance optimisation, memory management and supporting multiple platforms.
- Working knowledge of version control software (SVN, Perforce).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Desirable but not essential skills
- Experience working in network game development.
- Experience writing efficient GPU shaders for mobile platforms.
Why Choose Us?
- Competitive salary with quarterly bonus scheme.
- Flexible work hours
- Staff social outings
- Pension and Gym Membership
Lockwood Publishing is one of the leading independent UK mobile games companies. Our most successful product to date is a 3D virtual world on mobile called Avakin Life.
We want to hear from talented and passionate developers who can help us implement our incredibly exciting and ambitious road-map. As part of the team at Lockwood, you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your design expertise. Our working environment is extremely open, and all team members have complete access to any metrics they wish. We hold regular company-wide briefings to ensure team members and departments are aware of the direct impact their efforts have on the progress of the project. Best of all, because we believe team members deserve more than a pat on the back for their effort, we offer a bonus scheme that pays out 50% of any increase in record quarterly profits directly to the team.