We are looking for someone who has a genuine interest in what they do day-to-day and can help us to increase our test coverage and consistently release great features. If you are passionate and eager to join an energetic team, we’re looking for you! Avakin Life, our mobile virtual world, is growing quickly and we are eager to keep up with the demand of our users. This includes huge initiatives to migrate and expand our backend stability and scalability while at the same time delivering new features to our users. To keep up with the growth of our app we are constantly investigating new technologies and are always looking for the right tools and great people to grow with us.
Database: PostgreSQL MongoDB, DyanamoDB, DGraph
All of our cloud infrastructure is hosted on AWS with widespread use of Docker and continuous integration tools.
- Increase our test coverage
- Help the Dev team to find bugs
- Work independently on tasks
- Develop test plans and test cases
- Prepare test data
- Verify data quality
- Log, manage, and retest issues
- Report to project stakeholders about: testing status, milestones, and issues
- Document extensively for internal knowledge-sharing
- 3 years’ experience in QA Engineering
- Strong understanding of QA terminology, QA processes and best practices.
- General knowledge of Backend architecture / infrastructure
- Experience in automation using one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Golang
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure
- Familiarity with Golang
- Experience with Jira, Confluence,
- Experience with load-testing tools / general understanding of load testing.
Why Choose Us?
- Competitive salary with quarterly bonus scheme.
- Flexible work hours
- Staff social outings
- Pension and Gym Membership
Lockwood Publishing is one of the leading independent UK mobile games companies. Our most successful product to date is a 3D virtual world on mobile called Avakin Life.
We want to hear from talented and passionate developers who can help us implement our incredibly exciting and ambitious road-map. As part of the team at Lockwood, you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your design expertise. Our working environment is extremely open, and all team members have complete access to any metrics they wish. We hold regular company-wide briefings to ensure team members and departments are aware of the direct impact their efforts have on the progress of the project. Best of all, because we believe team members deserve more than a pat on the back for their effort, we offer a bonus scheme that pays out 50% of any increase in record quarterly profits directly to the team.