Senior Technical Artist
We are looking to fill a number of Technical Artist roles across a broad range of skill and experience. You will be building internal art processes and guiding asset pipeline implementation in collaboration with the Tools and Rendering team.
Ideally you'll have experience of working on published console titles with a wide experience of industry tools. Additionally familiarity with art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation would be ideal for this role.
- Collaborate with development and creative teams to help build features and solve creative problems
- Push the technology to create/implement high quality visuals that meet the capabilities of the available platforms
- Prototype and iterate to find creative solutions
- Facilitate communication and asset pipeline between development and creative teams
- Pragmatic and tenacious problem solver with the ability to work round constraints
- Experience of R&D of new techniques to push boundaries
- Previous experience in a Technical Art role
- Proactive approach to improving workflows and evaluating tools
- Experience of real-time 3D graphics optimization, ideally for handheld or mobile devices
- Getting the best visual results within tight performance and memory budgets
- Appreciation of LOD techniques, creating assets that are both visually stunning and usable at scale
- Experience collaborating within a multi-discipline game studio
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience Lead Technical Art Role
- Previous experience of Mobile Platforms
- Lighting, PBR Workflows
- Complex animation and rigging setup
- Character modelling
- Scripting experience for art pipelines
- Solid artistic skills (drawing or digital painting)
- Experience using the Unity3D editor
- Shader authoring languages e.g. hlsl, gls
- Familiarity with profiling and debugging tools (Renderdoc, Mali graphics debugger)
- Experience with clothing/fashion design software e.g. Marvelous Designer
- Creating real-time visual effects with limited memory and GPU resources
Why Choose Us?
- Competitive salary with quarterly bonus scheme.
- Flexible work hours
- Staff social outings
- Pension and Gym Membership
Lockwood Publishing is one of the leading independent UK mobile games companies. Our most successful product to date is a 3D virtual world on mobile called Avakin Life.
We want to hear from talented and passionate developers who can help us implement our incredibly exciting and ambitious road-map. As part of the team at Lockwood, you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your design expertise. Our working environment is extremely open, and all team members have complete access to any metrics they wish. We hold regular company-wide briefings to ensure team members and departments are aware of the direct impact their efforts have on the progress of the project. Best of all, because we believe team members deserve more than a pat on the back for their effort, we offer a bonus scheme that pays out 50% of any increase in record quarterly profits directly to the team.